Miami Dice Supports Responsible Gaming.
We value all of our players and hope that you enjoy our products, and that gambling continues to be fun and entertaining. Where we have concerns that you may not be having fun anymore, we are keen to give support, provide information, and offer a number of additional services on accounts that may assist you with responsible gambling. These include:
• Deposit limits
• Time reminders
• Time out periods
1. Problem Gambling
Whilst the majority of people do gamble responsibly, for some, gambling can become a problem. Miami Dice therefore advises you to follow these guidelines:
• Please try and establish limits for deposits before you commence gambling.
• Gambling is not advised if it interferes with your daily responsibilities.
• Gambling is not advised if you are in recovery for any dependency or are under the influence of alcohol or any other substance.
• Gambling is not advised if your primary aim is to recoup debts with winnings.
If you feel you have a problem, please ask yourself the following questions:
• Have others ever criticised your gambling?
• Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you have spent gambling?
• Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
• Do you gamble for long periods at a time?
• Do you stay away from work, college or school to gamble?
• Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
• Are you reluctant to spend 'gambling money' on anything else?
• Have you lost interest in your family, friends or pastimes due to gambling?
• After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
• When gambling and you run out of money, do you feel lost and in despair, and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
• Do you gamble until your last penny is gone, even the bus fare home or the cost of a cup of tea?
• Have you lied, stolen or borrowed just to get money to gamble or to pay gambling debts?
• Do you feel depressed or even suicidal because of your gambling?
Should you find yourself answering 'yes' to one or more of these questions, you may have a problem.
For more information, or assistance please contact http://www.gamcare.org.uk/, UK Helpline: 0845 6000 13. Gamcare is a registered charity that provides confidential counselling via telephone for anyone that is affected by problem gambling.
2. Parental Controls
It is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to gamble. Miami Dice urges you to ensure that you protect your computer from unauthorised use by minors.
3. Staying In Control
There are a number of control measures that you can apply to your account to help you to stay in control.
3A. Self Imposed Player Limits
You can set daily deposit limits, which can be set at a minimum of £20 per day. You can increase this limit, but would have to wait 24 hours for it to come into effect. But you can decrease your daily limits whenever you want to and they become active immediately. To change your deposit limit, click here.
3B. Time Reminders
You can set a time reminder when you are playing, so that you can accurately keep track of how long you have been logged in for. This can be as low as 1 minute, and up to any time you specify. These can be activated from the top of the screen on the games when you log into your account.
3C. Timeout Periods
Time out periods provide you with an option to take time out from your gambling activity for a set number of days or weeks – it's up to you. It works in a similar way to self-exclusion, where you will be unable to access your account for the period of time you have specified. However when that time frame has lapsed, you are able to continue to play without having to reopen your account as you would with a self-exclusion. The added benefit is that you are in control of the timeframes, and can specify a range of time out periods – from 24 hours, up to 6 weeks. These can be activated from the Timeout page. You can remove the time out at any point upon request to Support, but before you reopen, we would encourage you to think about why you applied the time out in the first place.
Self-Exclusion is a facility that Miami Dice offers to help those customers who feel that their gambling is out of control and want our assistance to help them stop. By entering into a self-exclusion agreement with Miami Dice, you will be prevented from using your account for a specific period, as determined by you, of between 6 months and 5 years. Please visit our self-exclusion FAQ page for further information.
4. Access to Account History
Customers can access a full history of deposits and withdrawals by visiting the My Account section.
5. Know Your Customer
As a regulated gambling operator, and to comply with relevant laws and regulations, we are required to get to know you (e.g. in order to comply with Anti-money laundering laws and regulations). For most players, this verification takes place behind the scenes, and we may never contact you directly. However, in some circumstances we may need to request further background information from you, which can include information about your source of funds or source of wealth. We understand that some people may find these questions an invasion of privacy, however this is a legal requirement that all gambling operators are bound to comply with.
There are a number of reasons that we may contact you:
• We want to ensure that you’re having the best experience playing on our site
• It’s important to us that you enjoy your gaming, and play within your means. We also want to ensure that we can offer support and advice where it might be appropriate
• If you’re spending high amounts with us, like all gambling operators, we have legal obligations to be able to show that the money you are spending with us is legitimate. This does not mean that we are suspicious of you personally; we just need to get reassurance that the money you are spending with us isn’t a source of concern.
Sometimes we might ask you for further verification documents, which is usually done when you register an account. This may be a passport, driving licence, utility bill or some other recognised, government issued document. However sometimes we may need to ask more personal questions such as, “What do you do for a living?”. If you’re gambling large amounts of money, we may also need reassurance of where it came from. In some cases, we may need some additional information or documentation to verify what you tell us. This is so we can prove to our regulator that we have fully met our legal obligations. It’s absolutely no reflection on you personally, so please don’t be offended if you are asked.
What you tell us is for our own records only. It will never be shared with any third party. We handle your data in complete confidence and fully within the appropriate data protection laws.
If you decide not to answer our questions, or do not provide us with the information we have asked for, it may lead us to have to make the unfortunate decision to close your account, as we will not be able to make informed decisions about you and your circumstances. We hope that it does not come to this. If you wish to discuss any of these points further, please contact support.
6. Alternative Dispute Resolution
Miami Dice is committed to providing enjoyable entertainment that is fair. If at any time you feel that you have an issue with the casino and you are unable to resolve a dispute with Miami Dice, then you may lodge a complaint with the Alternative Dispute resolution service below: